The Best Choice for Siding Repair in New Jersey
Make Dior Construction your first call when your vinyl, fiber cement, or wood siding is damaged. Our siding experts will make a professional assessment of the damage and, if feasible, offer repair solutions to restore the integrity of your home.
It stands to reason that the leading siding contractor in New Jersey is also the smartest choice for siding repair. We have installed high quality siding on thousands of homes across the state since 2010, bringing dependable protection and lasting beauty to our neighbors. But not all siding problems require a complete replacement! In many cases our expert siding contractors can apply their experience to repair damage or make a partial replacement solution to bring your siding back up to par.
What causes Damage to Siding?
Siding can become damaged through wind storms, falling or flying debris, hail, excess ice loading, or being struck by soccer balls and wayward bicycles! In most instances we will try to find a solution to isolate and repair the damage without having to replace individual panels or sections of siding.
Other types of siding damage can be caused by exposure, aging, or because of poor installation techniques. For example, prolonged exposure to direct sunlight and high temperatures may cause thin-gauge vinyl to warp or sag. Or extremely wet conditions or insect infestation can result in mildew and rot on wood clapboard siding or shakes. Poor installation may not show up until a strong wind blows and separates siding panels, or heavy snow or ice loads place undue stress on the siding structure.
Ways to Identify Siding Damage on Your Home
While some siding problems are immediately recognizable, not all siding damage is visible. Here are six signs that your siding needs to be repaired or replaced.
- Loose panels – Look for siding panels that are rattling or flapping in the breeze, which could indicate separation from the underlying framework.
- Cracks or tears – Impacts from storm-blown debris or even something as simple as yard games can damage siding panels. The good news is that individual panels may be able to be replaced.
- Warping – Poor quality or thin-gauge vinyl may warp or sag in extreme heat and will need to be replaced.
- Bubbling or splitting – Similarly, heat or moisture can cause siding panels to bubble or pucker, requiring replacement.
- Rot or mildew – This is especially prevalent in wood siding, both clapboard and shakes when they are not properly sealed at installation and resealed on a regular basis. Rot can quickly spread if not caught early and removed.
- Missing panels – This one is obvious! High winds can cause panels that have not been properly installed to separate from the side of your home. If they are not too badly damaged the panels may be able to be reattached.
Don’t Wait to Repair Your Siding
Because siding plays such an important role in protecting your home from the elements you should not delay in making repairs when siding is damaged. Cracks, holes and gaps can allow water to seep in between your siding and walls, which can result in extensive and expensive structural problems. For wood siding, the first sign of rot should trigger a phone call to Dion Construction to halt the problem before it spreads to other panels or shakes. Better to fix a siding problem now than to be forced replace all of your siding because you waited too long!
Contact Dior Construction for a FREE Estimate on New Jersey Siding Repairs
If your siding is damaged, loose, or warped, we may be able to help. Contact us today by calling (201) 559-8610 or fill out our convenient online request for a FREE, no obligation consultation on siding repairs for New Jersey homes.